Wednesday, November 7, 2007

ഈ ദൈവത്തിന്റെ ഒരു കാര്യം | Fed up with the God

കുഴൂര്‍ വിത്സണ്‍ എഴുതിയ ഈ ദൈവത്തിന്റെ ഒരു കാര്യം എന്ന കവിത
-------------------------------

in our next lives, we met
in a dusty street in Cabul.

And a t-shirt strolled,
with the words imprinted
that the lovers in this birth
were two warring clans, from birth before.

And I realized
that your longing gaze
was that same burning bullet
of hatred and vengeance
which was still left loaded
after you shot through me six times.

While you realized
that my words were, nothing but
the cozy comfort of slicing
and dicing on a body which
lost its life, long ago.

But still I dont know
why you offered me boiled corns
when you saw them selling on cabul streets.
and why you dallied when I heaved a sigh.

I dont know.

And then you asked
on how we parted.
First it was 'cos the fire blazed high
when I lit up the candle.
Then it was for the phone rang
while we kissed.
And then, for that lipstick in my shirt
when I came in your dream.
.........
.........
And then, for asking
and for not asking
for a phone call, for not calling
for a sigh,
a smile, a whimper
for a tear, for eating and for not eating
for posting a letter, for wishing not to post
and for going to the urinal -
without your permission.

For praying for the mother and kids -

we may have died together

If I died first - I was worried
of not who would look after you
but who all would look after you

We may have been killed
If not, god's would have interfered anyway
In whichever rock you build, god will
topple it, even with an earth quake

These crazy ways of god, so strange.

And we, those who sliced each other with love
in these streets of cabul

When you said how beautiful this city is,
how wonderful - I smoked a cigarette.

And here, another T-shirt passes
with the words - that I'm not even born

And I remember
those two lines you uttered
to me on that thursday evening (5.41pm)
four days before chirstmas
in our previous birth

I smiled, without uttering them

and you kissed me


Translated by : simy

3 comments:

Irvin Calicut said...

transalation paripadi endayallum kollam ! artham chornu pokate paramavathi sradichallo ! well done ! keep the spirts up @!

.... said...

I like....

ബഷീർ said...

എങ്ങിനെയായാലും...മലയാളത്തിന്റെ മധുരം ആഗലേയത്തില്‍ കിട്ടുകയില്ല മാഷേ....
സസ്നേഹം